- Mississippi State University, 1999
- University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2001
Masters of Business Administration
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, 2004
- Chartered Financial Consultant, 2003
- Chartered Life Underwriter, 2003
- Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder, 2008
- A Few Lessons for the Investing “Playing Field”
- 2018: A Year of Volatility
- 3rd Quarter Market Review: Looking Beyond What Is Right In Front Of You
- 2018 2nd Quarter Review: Plenty of Siren Songs
- Volatility Is Back: First Quarter 2018
- 2017 – The Year in Review
- Third Quarter 2017: Markets Keep Going Up?
- Concentrated Stock – A Video Blog with Zach Ivey, CFA, CFP®
- 2017 2nd Quarter Review: Blue Skies Thus Far
- Q1 2017: Is a New Wind Blowing?
- 2016: A Year in Review
- Making Sense of Election Results
- How Quickly Things Change: 3rd Quarter Review
- Second Quarter Market Update
- BREXIT Happened, Now What?
- Market Update
- First Quarter Review – A Volatile Start to 2016
- Market Review: A Look Back at 2015
- Be Aware (and Beware) of Year-End Capital Gains Distributions from Mutual Funds
- Third Quarter Market Commentary
- 3rd Quarter Detailed Market Commentary
- Bridgeworth’s Viewpoint on Recent Market Volatility
- The Double-Edge of Cheap Oil
- A 2nd Quarter Review
- Advisor Zach Ivey Participates in BBJ 2015 Tax & Investment Roundtable
- First Quarter Market Commentary
- 2014: Bulls and Bears and Mixed Results
- Investing in Today’s Volatile Times
“My challenge is to boil down often complicated financial strategies into something practical and actionable. Clients don’t want to know how to build a watch, they want to know what time it is.”
Over the last 20 years, Zach Ivey has worked to develop financial planning and investment experience to provide the highest level of advice to his clients. He uses a holistic approach to planning and strives to translate that knowledge into workable plans that fit his client’s goals and their values. Zach believes that all clients deserve objective advice and that the role of planning is paramount in long-term financial success.
Zach has built a practice advising a wide range of clients but has a wealth of experience advising physicians, corporate executives, and retirees with complex issues. He has served as a director of planning for a national planning firm and today serves as Chief Investment Strategist and head of the Bridgeworth’s investment committee, which is responsible for research and investment solutions for the firm’s clients.
Zach is married to his high school sweetheart and has two children. He is an active member of Briarwood Presbyterian Church.
- Chartered Financial Analyst Society of Alabama: Member, Past President
- Briarwood Presbyterian Church: Member, Elder
- Young Business Leaders (YBL): Board of Directors
- Briarwood Christian School: Board of Directors, 2019 to Present
- Big Oak Ranch: Resource Parent
Honors & Awards
- Birmingham Business Journal's 2015 Top 40 Under 40