Bridgeworth supports a robust paid internship program in Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama. It is an opportunity for the student to learn more about wealth management and, in some cases, obtain college credit. In turn, it is also an opportunity for the firm to see if the candidate is an excellent cultural fit and acquires the skills needed for a potentially successful career at Bridgeworth. The student will experience many facets of our firm’s financial planning and investment department and work on special projects. Our goal is for this experience to be an extension of the classroom and for the student to leave our firm with a good understanding of what a career in financial planning and wealth management is all about.
Sample of internship responsibilities and opportunities
- Create a financial plan for a mock client and present it at the end of the internship term.
- Observe an advisor or partner in a client meeting(s).
- Exposure to various software platforms such as eMoney, Junxure, and Client Works.
- Overview of investment models and strategies.
- Meet with employees in various roles to understand the scope and structure of Bridgeworth.
- Work with planning coordinators and associate advisors to prepare for client meetings.
- Attend Bridgeworth University (internal training program) sessions and firm social events.
- Assist with firm projects and daily administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled at an accredited university in majors ranging from Finance, Financial Planning, Accounting, Business, or related field. Students pursuing liberal arts degrees who have a passion for personal finance are also encouraged to apply.
- 3.5 Minimum overall GPA
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills