- The University of Alabama, 2006, summa cum laude, Honors Program
Bachelor of Science in Consumer Sciences with emphasis on Family Planning and Counseling, Minor: History
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, 2009
“Making sure our clients have the information they need—when they need it— is my first priority.”
Laura advises clients in the areas of comprehensive financial planning, wealth management, and investment management. Laura focuses primarily on serving clients nearing or in retirement, helping them with income distribution, tax planning, pension and social security decisions, and risk management including the impact of long-term care event.
She serves on the Firm’s Best Practices and Investment Committees and is an active member of the Financial Planning Association of North Alabama. She served on the FPA Board of Directors from 2011 to 2015.
Laura and her husband, Alan, are active members of Zion Rest Primitive Baptist Church. Laura is a teacher and board member of Harmony Highlands Singing School in Jasper, Alabama. This is a family affair, as Laura’s entire family is involved in the camp that takes place each summer.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Member, Secretary/Treasurer, 2015; Programs Director, 2013 – 2014; Membership Director, 2011-2012
- Zion Rest Primitive Baptist Church
- Harmony Highlands Singing School: Board Member, 2016 - Present; Teacher
- Camelot Condominiums Owners Association: Board Member, 2015 - 2016
- Pregnancy Test & Resource Center of Jasper: Fundraising Committee 2018 - Present