- The University of Alabama, 2006, summa cum laude, Honors Program
Bachelor of Science in Consumer Sciences with emphasis on Family Planning and Counseling, Minor: History
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, 2009
- Taking Control of Your Retirement
- Avoiding U-Turns
- Flurries in the Forecast
- Financial Frights
- 3 To-Do’s for Every New Parent
- A Successful Trip is Dependent on Successful Stops
- Beware What You Share
- Advisor Laura Rhoades Finds Harmony Every Summer at Harmony Highlands Singing School
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Financial Planning
- Investing 101
- The Importance of Emergency Savings
- Tips for Managing Your Digital Estate
“Making sure our clients have the information they need—when they need it— is my first priority.”
Laura advises clients in the areas of comprehensive financial planning, wealth management, and investment management. Laura focuses primarily on serving clients nearing or in retirement, helping them with income distribution, tax planning, pension, and social security decisions, and risk management, including the impact of a long-term care event.
She serves on the Firm’s Investment and Junxure Committees and is an active member of the Financial Planning Association of North Alabama. She served on the FPA Board of Directors from 2011 to 2015.
Laura and her husband, Alan, have two children, Katherine and Oliver. They are both active members of Zion Rest Primitive Baptist Church. She loves spending time outdoors with her children, visiting new places, and reading good books.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Member, Secretary/Treasurer, 2015; Programs Director, 2013 – 2014; Membership Director, 2011-2012
- Zion Rest Primitive Baptist Church
- Walker County Chamber of Commerce
- Camelot Condominiums Owners Association: Board Member, 2015 - 2016
- Pregnancy Test & Resource Center of Jasper: Fundraising Committee 2018 - Present