- University of Alabama, 2002
B.S. Human Environmental Sciences, summa cum laude
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Pandemic Insurance: What sports can teach us about risk
- Plan, Don’t Panic – COVID-19 Legislation Updates
- SECURE Act Impact Part 2: 5 More Types of Individuals Impacted by the New Law
- SECURE Act Impact Part 1: What Retirement Account Owners Can Learn From The Boss, The Piano Man, and Gooney Bird
- College Education Funding: From Diapers to Decision Day
- In Financial Defense of Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Jonathan Millican, CFP® featured in BBJ Table of Experts: Insight into Financial Planning
“I believe money needs two things: a purpose and a plan. My passion is to help clients discover and cultivate that purpose, develop a plan, and serve as a guide along the way.”
Jonathan has spent the past 15 years serving as a wealth manager for affluent client families. Jonathan enjoys partnering with them to create holistic financial plans emphasizing life goals and integrating income tax, investments, insurance analysis, cash flow, and estate planning. Helping clients align their wealth with their values and life goals is an area in which Jonathan is particularly focused.
Prior to joining Bridgeworth, Jonathan began his career with a fee-only Registered Investment Advisory firm at which he served in multiple roles– from intern to director of financial planning and shareholder. In addition to serving his own clients Jonathan has also been Bridgeworth’s Director of Planning since 2017, a role in which he works with his fellow advisors to create custom, high-quality financial plans for their clients as well as consult on complex planning questions. He is tasked with ensuring that all financial plans meet Bridgeworth’s high standard of quality.
Jonathan is an avid runner and he and his wife, Joanna, along with their two daughters are active members of Shades Mountain Baptist Church.
- Leadership Hoover Class 2019-2020
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham: Professional Partners in Philanthropy
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: 2003 - Present; Chapter Membership Director, 2006; Chapter Career Development Director, 2008 - Present
- Kiwanis Club of Hoover-Metro: Golf Classic Chairman 2019-2020
- Shades Mountain Baptist Church: First Impressions Team
Honors & Awards
- Birmingham Business Journal’s 2020 Top 40 Under 40
- University of Alabama Jack Davis Professional Achievement Award: University of Alabama, 2015
- Most Outstanding Student in Family Financial Planning: University of Alabama, 2002