- University of Alabama, 2002
B.S. Human Environmental Sciences, summa cum laude
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
“I believe money needs two things: a purpose and a plan. My passion is to help clients discover and cultivate that purpose, develop a plan, and serve as a guide along the way.”
Jonathan has spent the past decade serving as a wealth manager for affluent client families. Jonathan enjoys partnering with them to create holistic financial plans emphasizing life goals and integrating income tax, investments, insurance analysis, cash flow, and estate planning. Helping clients align their wealth with their values and life goals is an area in which Jonathan is particularly focused.
During his career, he has served in multiple roles for a fee-only Registered Investment Adviser – from an intern to director of financial planning. This varied experience has allowed Jonathan to learn and contribute to every aspect of a successful firm. As Bridgeworth’s Director of Financial Planning, Jonathan works with his fellow advisors to create custom, high-quality financial plans for their clients as well as consult on complex planning questions. In addition, he is tasked with ensuring that all financial plans meet Bridgeworth’s high standard of quality.
Jonathan is an avid runner and he and his wife, Joanna, along with their two daughters are active members of Shades Mountain Baptist Church.
- Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham: Professional Partners in Philanthropy
- Estate Planning Council of Birmingham, 2005 - Present
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: 2003 - Present; Chapter Membership Director, 2006; Chapter Career Development Director, 2008 - Present
- Hoover Metro Kiwanis Club
- Shades Mountain Baptist Church: First Impressions Team, Project 729 Men's Ministry
Honors & Awards
- Most Outstanding Student in Family Financial Planning: University of Alabama, 2002
- University of Alabama Jack Davis Professional Achievement Award: University of Alabama, 2015