- University of Alabama, 1998, cum laude
Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration
- University of Alabama, 1999
Master of Accountancy
- CPA, 2001
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, 2006
“I view financial planning as providing my clients a roadmap for the future. However, it is not something you create and hand over to them. I believe in walking that road with them, being a guide – helping make adjustments when the landscape changes.”
William specializes in working with families preparing for retirement. This includes analyzing both the best vehicles to accumulate wealth and devising distribution strategies to help ensure clients meet their long-term goals.
Choosing proper investments, talking through what really determines returns, analyzing when to take social security, discussing the tax effects of actions, and taking an overall look at the financial situation are just some of the areas where William provides guidance. William works both one-on-one with clients and is available for group presentations.
Originally from Tuscaloosa, William now lives in Vestavia Hills with his wife, Aubrey, and their three children, John Harris, Thomas, and Vivi. They are active members of Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church, where William leads a Sunday school class and serves on various boards. When he is not at work, William can usually be found coaching one of his children’s little league teams.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Board of Directors, 2011- 2016; President, 2015
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Leadership Vestavia Hills: 2007
- Vestavia Hills United Methodist Church: Foundation Board, 2013- 2016; Seekers Sunday School Class Leader, 2009- Present
- Civitan of Vestavia Hills: Treasurer, 2008- 2009
- Youth Coach
- Vestavia Hills School Foundation Board: 2017 - Present, Treasurer-Elect, 2018