- University of Alabama, 1992
B.S. in Human Environmental Science, magna cum laude
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®, 1996
- I’ll Be There for You: Steps to Reduce the Stress of Caring for Aging Parents
- Not a Burden: A Series on Aging for Parents and Adult Children
- Book Review: The Price You Pay for College by Ron Lieber
- Taking Control of Your End-of-Life Care
- Retirement Advice for Michael Scott of “The Office”
- Father’s Day 2020
- New Pandemic Homeschool Lesson: Personal Finance
- Not My First Rodeo
- 8 Lessons Learned the Hard Way When I Helped My Aging Parents Move
- How Much Does Happiness Cost? The Not So Secret Secret
- My LastPass at Protecting My Passwords
- Four Steps to Help Your New Year’s Resolutions Last Past Valentine’s Day
- Panini Pressed
- Advisor Patti Black, CFP® Offers Tips on Getting Comfortable with Uncomfortable Family Meetings
- Five Money Talks to Have With Your Spouse
- Design Your Summer
- Five Ways to Get Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable about Your Final Wishes
“I help people make smart choices about money based on what is important to them - their core values - to make sure their goals and their money are in alignment.”
Patti has been providing financial planning and investment advice for over two decades. She focuses on helping affluent individuals create a plan to be financially secure and live a purposeful life during retirement. Her planning also helps clients reduce the likelihood of becoming a financial or caregiving burden as they age. Because Patti has been a member of the “sandwich generation,” individuals who are caring for their aging parents and children simultaneously, she understands the financial and emotional challenges that her clients may be facing.
Patti is a thought leader in the firm and leads Bridgeworth University, an education and mentoring program for newer advisors. She is also a member of Birmingham Kiwanis, The Women’s Network, and is a past President of the Financial Planning Association of North Alabama.
In addition, Patti is a contributor to numerous national media outlets, including Forbes, Barron’s, Kiplinger’s, US News and World Reports, Financial Planning Magazine, InvestmentNews, Market Watch, and Real Simple. She has also been a guest on Talk of Alabama, Grow Your Business and Grow Your Wealth podcast, and the Breaking Money Silence podcast.
Patti and her husband, Doug, have young adult twins, Anna and Luke.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Member, Past-President
- The Women's Network of Birmingham
- Kiwanis Club of Birmingham
- The Church at Brook Hills: Small Group Leader, 2008 - 2014
Honors & Awards
- Jack Davis Professional Achievement Award: The University of Alabama College of Human Environmental Sciences 1998