- University of Alabama, 1992
B.S. in Human Environmental Science, magna cum laude
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®, 1996
- I’ll Be There for You: Steps to Reduce the Stress of Caring for Aging Parents
- Not a Burden: A Series on Aging for Parents and Adult Children
- Book Review: The Price You Pay for College by Ron Lieber
- Taking Control of Your End-of-Life Care
- Retirement Advice for Michael Scott of “The Office”
- Father’s Day 2020
- New Pandemic Homeschool Lesson: Personal Finance
- Not My First Rodeo
- 8 Lessons Learned the Hard Way When I Helped My Aging Parents Move
- How Much Does Happiness Cost? The Not So Secret Secret
- My LastPass at Protecting My Passwords
- Four Steps to Help Your New Year’s Resolutions Last Past Valentine’s Day
- Panini Pressed
- Advisor Patti Black, CFP® Offers Tips on Getting Comfortable with Uncomfortable Family Meetings
- Five Money Talks to Have With Your Spouse
- Design Your Summer
- Five Ways to Get Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable about Your Final Wishes
“I help people make smart choices about money based on what is important to them - their core values - to make sure their goals and their money are in alignment.”
Patti took an introductory financial planning class in college to learn how to handle money once she got in the “real” world. She was hooked and excited to learn she could make a living helping people with their own money questions.
Patti has previous experience with a fee-only firm and has more than 20 years of experience helping affluent clients align their goals and their money. This work is especially important in times of transition such as starting a family, sending children to college, changing jobs, or retiring. Patti develops a customized financial plan that incorporates the clients’ needs, wants, and wishes while addressing employee benefits, income tax, insurance, investments, cash flow, and estate planning. Patti is confident that the advice she gives is objective and geared towards her clients’ best interests.
Patti is a thought leader in the firm and leads Bridgeworth University, the firm’s education and mentoring program for newer advisors. She is a frequent contributor to firm blogs, serves on the marketing committee and contributes and/or has been a featured guest in national publications and podcast including Forbes, US News and World Reports, Financial Planning magazine, Investment News, Market Watch, Opp Loans and Breaking Money Silence podcast.
Patti and her husband, Doug, have teenage twins, Anna and Luke, and are active in their church.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Member, Past-President
- The Church at Brook Hills: Small Group Leader, 2008 - 2014
Honors & Awards
- Jack Davis Professional Achievement Award: The University of Alabama College of Human Environmental Sciences 1998