- University of Georgia, 2009
Bachelor of Business Administration
- University of Georgia, 2010
Master of Science in Family Financial Planning
- Financial Planning Association Residency Program, 2012
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, 2013
“My goal is to simplify a client’s finances so that they are free to enjoy life and use those financial resources for good.”
David’s passion is serving clients by helping them make wise and informed decisions with their money. He has a strong technical background and a commitment to doing holistic financial planning with all clients. David enjoys bringing clarity to complex financial issues, allowing clients to make informed financial decisions and live more fulfilling lives. David serves a wide range of clients but has a large amount of experience serving dentists, doctors, lawyers, executives, and high-net-worth families.
David began his career developing financial plans for high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth families with a national wealth management firm. In 2014 David joined Bridgeworth to develop and run the financial planning department. In this position, he was responsible for plan development and strategic direction for all planning operations. He has also served as a consultant to advisors on complex planning strategies.
David is active in both community and professional organizations. He serves on the Board of Directors for the Financial Planning Association of North Alabama as well as the UGA Financial Planning Program Alumni Advisory Board. He is an active member of the Rotaract Club of Birmingham and the Red Mountain Park Junior Board. David and his wife, Kara, have one daughter, Charlotte, and are active members of Cahaba Park Church. In his spare time, David enjoys running, visiting National Parks, and reading good books.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Board of Directors, 2014 - present
- Financial Planning Association: NexGen National Secretary, 2014
- Financial Planning Association North Alabama: NexGen Director, 2014-present
- UGA Financial Planning Program: Alumni Advisory Board
- Cahaba Park Church: Member
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham: Investment Committee
- Red Mountain Park: Junior Board of Directors, 2016 - Present
Honors & Awards
- Financial Planning Association NexGen Scholarship, 2013
- The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy CAP Scholarship Recipient, 2016
- Birmingham Business Journal's 2016 Rising Stars in Money