- Wake Forest University, 1989
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- CERTIFED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, 2012
“Combining more than 20 years experience as a financial advisor with my previous experience as both a CPA and a business executive allows me to develop strategies to address the unique complex financial needs of clients.”
A Birmingham native, David began his career as a Certified Public Accountant with Ernst & Young, one of the Big 4 accounting firms. Following this, he served as an executive with a privately-held family business. The experience and business knowledge gained from these two positions have proven invaluable to David since entering the field of financial planning and wealth management.
Having earned his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification, David understands the role of a financial advisor is more than just selecting investments. After first identifying an individual’s goals and assessing his/her tolerance for risk, David works with his Bridgeworth team to develop a comprehensive financial plan, which addresses each client’s unique needs. In addition to creating investment strategies for both wealth accumulation and retirement distribution needs, David also focuses on the areas of estate planning, risk management, and college funding for children and grandchildren.
David and his wife, Jill, have four children and are members of the Cathedral Church of the Advent. Away from work, David loves being involved with all of his children’s sports-related activities, previously in a coaching role but now cheering them on as one of their biggest fans. An avid college football fan (Roll Tide!), David also enjoys being outside on the golf course and the local running trails.
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama: Board Member; Membership Retention - 2018; Treasurer, 2016 - 2017; Partnership Director, 2014 - 2015
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama (RMHCA): Board Member, 2017; Healing Together Campaign Major Gift Committee, 2016-2017
- Children’s Hospital of Alabama’s Committee for the Future: Class of 2010
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club: Member, 1997 - Present
- Mountain Brook Cross Country and Track Booster Club: Board Member, President, 2016 - Present