Overview & Apply
Our goal is that your internship at Bridgeworth is an extension of the classroom where knowledge is implemented and experienced. Here are some typical intern responsibilities and opportunities:
- Create a financial plan for a mock client and present at the end of the internship term.
- Observe an advisor or partner in a client meeting(s).
- Exposure to various software platforms such as eMoney, Holistiplan, and Junxure.
- Overview of investment models and strategies.
- Meet with employees in various roles to understand the scope and structure of Bridgeworth.
- Work with planning coordinators and associate advisors to prepare for client meetings.
- Attend Bridgeworth University (internal training program) sessions and firm social events.
- Assist with firm projects and daily administrative tasks.
*Bridgeworth may fulfill any university course requirements or CFP® experience credit for internships.
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled at an accredited university in majors ranging from Finance, Financial Planning, Accounting, Business, or related field. Students pursuing liberal arts degrees who have a passion for personal finance are also encouraged to apply.
- Open to students with graduation dates in August 2024, December 2024, or May 2025.
- 3.5 Minimum overall GPA
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Written and verbal communication skills
This position reports directly to the internship coordinator, Jonathan Millican ([email protected]).
Applications for internships will be accepted from November 13, 2023, through December 31, 2023. After screening, we will contact selected applicants to schedule virtual interviews. Decisions will be made no later than: February 16, 2024
Term: Approximately 32 hours per week for 12 weeks (negotiable)
Pay: $15/ hour
Bridgeworth Wealth Management is a dynamic, experienced team of professionals passionate about helping our clients live with confidence and clarity. As a leader in the industry, our firm is ranked nationally and locally, including Forbes/Shook Top RIA 2023 and InvestmentNews Best Places to Work 2020-2023 (#1 in 2021 and 2023). Several of our advisors and our CEO are routinely recognized by Forbes as “best in state” and “top advisors.”
Bridgeworth was formed in 2008 by six CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals who have practiced together since 1988. From the very beginning, financial planning has been the cornerstone of our firm; in our early days, we had the reputation of having a deep level of knowledge and experience in working with employees from a couple of our state’s largest employers as they made crucial decisions on accepting early retirement offers. We continue to leverage that experience in providing guidance to those in numerous other companies as they begin to address retirement decisions. We have assisted thousands of clients as they planned for and transitioned into retirement while addressing their ongoing needs, such as estate, income, and generational planning.
With offices in both Birmingham and Huntsville, Alabama, our team has over 60 members, and we continue to grow. We believe the best client experience begins with a dedicated and caring team striving to achieve excellent results and mastery of their duties.
We are proud to say we serve as a fiduciary and have a fundamental and legal obligation to act in our clients’ best interest while providing financial planning and investment advice.
Bridgeworth Wealth Management is a Registered Investment Adviser