Bridgeworth is an Independent Registered Investment Adviser (RIA). We are first and foremost a wealth management firm providing a holistic financial planning experience, bridging our clients’ financial realities to their goals. As a fiduciary, we are legally bound to act in our clients’ interest at all times.
To partner with our clients to help them achieve their lifetime goals by drawing on a wealth of knowledge.
The firm was formed by a group of six CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals who have been in practice together in Birmingham since 1988. The firm now consists of 24 advisors, each with distinct talents, abilities, and areas of expertise in financial planning. Our capable and professional administrative staff provides client service and support. Twenty-five members of Bridgeworth have obtained their CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certifications, making us one of the largest groups of CFP® practitioners in the region.
As an independent Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) we are a fiduciary. This means that we have a fundamental obligation to act in the best interest of our clients when providing financial planning and investment advice. We owe our clients a duty of undivided loyalty and utmost good faith and cannot engage in any activity in conflict with the interest of any client. This higher standard aligns us with our clients in pursuing their lifetime financial goals.
Our mission at Bridgeworth is to partner with our clients in achieving their lifetime financial goals by drawing on our wealth of knowledge.
Clients need unbiased and objective advice. We utilize advanced tools and techniques, coupled with proper perspective, in order to match client objectives with appropriate strategies.
Our investment philosophy is built on the fundamental beliefs that investors should be rewarded for the risks they take and avoid potentially catastrophic risks while working toward their objectives. Our analysis and portfolio construction process seeks to balance the investor’s tolerance for risk with their need and desire for returns. We believe portfolios should be objectively constructed using the most efficient investments for producing risk adjusted returns.
Clients need and deserve sound advice, derived from diligent analysis, extensive experience and knowledge, and a strong desire to serve. We align our interests with our clients. The utmost care and forethought will be employed in our delivery of service.
Code of Ethics
We adhere to the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Code of Ethics: Integrity, Objectivity, Competence, Fairness, Confidentiality, Professionalism, and Diligence.
Bridgeworth clients benefit from our combined 350 years of experience. With our diverse backgrounds and areas of specialty, we collaborate and share the latest planning strategies. We call it Drawing on a Wealth of Knowledge. This team approach helps us deliver more strategic thinking for our clients.
Being of service to our communities is a founding principle of Bridgeworth, LLC because we feel a strong obligation to improve the communities where we live and work. We each serve in a variety of capabilities for many different organizations.
- Alabama Jump Start Coalition
- ARC of Madison County Board of Directors
- Assistance League of Birmingham
- Birmingham-Southern College Board of Trustees
- Board of Visitors – University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Alabama
- Boy Scouts of America
- Career Transition Service
- Habitat for Humanity
- Higher Achievement Summer School
- Hudson Alpha Institute for Biotechnology
- Huntsville Rotary Club
- Leadership Shelby County
- Leadership UAB
- Leadership Vestavia Hills
- Mitchell’s Place
- Oasis Women’s Counseling Center
- Opera Birmingham
- Pathways Women’s Shelter
- Restoration Academy
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Alabama
- Rotary International
- South Highland Foundation Board
- Southern Women’s Committee of 50
- Teach for America Alabama Advisory Board
- Vestavia Hills City Schools Foundation
- The Women’s Exchange
- The Women’s Fund
- YWCA of Central Alabama
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Birmingham Estate Planning Council
- Chartered Financial Analyst Society of Alabama
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama
- National Association Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- National Association of Women in Business
- In practice together since 1988
- 24 advisors and 25 CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners
- 350+ combined years of experience
- Experience in variety of market cycles
- Act in our clients’ best interests at all times
- Strong community involvement
- Holistic financial planning process
- Comprehensive plan development
- Risk-based investment models to address the need for short, intermediate, and long-term goals
- Investment Committee working with key institutional partners
- Attention to detail
- Specialists to address the unique financial circumstances of each client
- Credentialed professional staff
- Open communication
- Regular review meetings
- Coordination with other professionals (legal, tax)
that our expert advisors provide unbiased attention to our clients’ best interests.
to crystallize the financial objectives of our clients and develop strategies to pursue their goals.
in knowing that our singular goal is to help our clients work toward achieving their goals.